Hey! Leave me a comment if you visit. I love comments!


Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vivian's Pasta Salad

In 1995 Bruce decided to go to school at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro—which, oddly enough, is right in the middle of Tennessee. While we were there we met some really nice people; Vivian Cook is one of them. I first tried her fabulous salad at a ward potluck dinner, and she kindly gave me the recipe. Actually she gave it to me three times because I kept losing it. Fortunately I've been able to keep track of it since then.
Thank-you Vivian!

VIVIAN'S PASTA SALAD

2 pkg. (7 oz. each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 cups broccoli florets
1 Tbsp. parsley
½ Tbsp. basil
½ Tbsp. garlic
1 can (16 oz.) large pitted black olives, drained
1 cup Italian dressing
12 cherry tomatoes, halved

Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl toss drained tortellini with all remaining ingredients; mix well. Refrigerate overnight so flavors will blend. Before serving add a little more Italian dressing if desired.
Absolutely delicious!

No comments: