Hey! Leave me a comment if you visit. I love comments!


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tomato Sandwiches

In the summer I LOVE tomato sandwiches! In fact, anything with fresh tomatoes in the summer. . .yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!! Some people spoil their tomato sandwiches by putting mayonnaise---or even worse, Miracle Whip (salad dressing)---on them. Some people think the tomatoes are only a condiment to go with the bacon and lettuce. Some people even put cheese on them.
No, no, no. This is the only, true, and correct (not to mention really tasty) way to make a tomato sandwich:

TOMATO SANDWICHES

2 slices bread (I prefer whole wheat)

1 gorgeous tomato, sliced about 1/4-inch thick [remember this only works with fresh tomatoes. Store tomatoes are fake.]
salt
pepper

Toast the bread, as dark as you like. Place sliced tomatoes on one slice of toast to cover it thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with remaining toast slice. Enjoy each savory bite. . .or just gobble it up. Repeat as often as desired.

1 comment:

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

What a healthy and easy recipe. :)

I totally agree with the store tomatoes being fake. Fresh tomatoes are truly the best!