You are thinking, "How good can that be?" Incredibly, amazingly, tantalizingly good! I love, love, love the people at Cook's Illustrated---at least I love their magazine, their website and their recipes. So I bought their cookbook, The Best Light Recipe a year or two ago. These muffins are really terrific--ya gotta try 'em! Did I mention that they are delicious?
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (Yes, I do like unbleached flour better. At first I couldn't tell a difference, but now I really do think it tastes better than bleached flour. It makes your bread a prettier color too.)
1 cup cake flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp. butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
2 cups blueberries
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray. [I think Cook's Illustrated uses a bigger muffin pan than I own--this recipe fills 1 1/2 of my tins.] Whisk the flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/4 cup of the sugar together in a medium bowl; set aside.
Beat the remaining sugar and the butter together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
Beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture on low speed, until just incorporated; follow with 1/3 of the yogurt, scraping down bowl as needed. Repeat this process two more times, just until you've mixed in all the flour and yogurt. Do not overmix.
Gently fold blueberries into batter. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until golden---25 to 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cool muffins in pan for five minutes, then flip them onto a wire rack to cool for 10 more minutes before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment