Hey! Leave me a comment if you visit. I love comments!


Sunday, June 29, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This morning I sent out a facebook request for friends to make a cookie recipe and tell me how many cookies it made. And you could tell me if there are any typos or really screwy instructions, too. (You will be helping me immensely in editing my cookbook!) So if that's why you're here... Thanks! (But don't forget to message me how many cookies—or leave a comment here.) 

MOM NORTH'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1½ cups packed brown sugar
1½ cups white sugar
2 cups butter or shortening [or 1¾ 
   cups butter plus ¼ cup peanut 
   butter]
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. baking soda
5 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

   Heat oven to 375°.  Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; mix well. Add dry ingredients; mix well.  [I think a little extra flour helps the cookies hold together better.] Mix in the chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookies sheets.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Mmmm!

No comments: